Tuesday, March 2, 2010

killer whales in washington?

We just passed the one year mark of starting our drawn out move to Washington.  And what a year it has been!  To "celebrate", we made official our status as Washingtonians with current driver's licenses and license plates (the generic, boring Washington ones).  However, I left the DMV with one important question: Why does Washington state offer a killer whale specialty license plate?  I don't get it.  It was a tempting purchase though, seeing as it was the closest thing to a fish that Washington offers.  It was a sad day for Jarron to say goodbye to his Utah rainbow trout plate, but I'm sure he will find a nice place for it to hang in our garage.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't there killer whales off the coast? I didn't see any when I was in La Push or Port Angeles, mind you, but you never know.... Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Haven't you been to the coast and seen Killer Whales? I KNOW they are there, because Juneau isn't too far north of Seattle and we have tons of Killer Whales! Weird... I just said "we" like I still live there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there are and I just haven't heard any talk of them. I don't remember anything being said about them on our trips to the Oregon coast, but maybe they are here in swarms! Thanks for the clarification and I will keep my eyes and ears open!

    ReplyDelete