Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hello, world! It's been a while.

I was recently reminded by a friend of mine (thanks, Krista!) that my blog is in great neglect.  And since I don't use Facebook anymore, I figure it's time to update this site.  

Reece is now a little over 6 months old and we simply adore him!  Here's a little video clip I took a few days ago that we laugh at.  Think about how amazing your feet are as you watch.  :)


Mayes is 5 now and says the funniest things.  For instance, he told me that he wants to get two dalmatian dogs when he is older so that they can have puppies (like in the Disney movie).  I asked him if he would keep the puppies and he said, "Yes.  Then I would get rid of the parents so I can raise the puppies myself."  Wow. He also told me that every time his future wife kisses him, he's just going to shower to wash it off.  Often, he pops up in whatever room I'm in telling me that he found me because he "tracked my smell."  Is he part blood hound?  Here's a video of Mayes when Reece was just born:


And now to my Cameron.  How I love my oldest and wisest.  He is 7 now and teaches me something new everyday.  I fear that he is too smart for his own good, though; he told Jarron the other day that "school is just a waste of time."  Hmmmm.  He also recently acquired some rapping abilities.  This video is from September but may make some money someday.  He has improved since then and likes to teach his friends.


Not a video person?  Here are a few good pics of the loves of my life:


On Reece's blessing day in October.


Halloween pumpkins and two scary Jacks.


Thanksgiving morning.


Sweet brothers Cameron and Reece.


Reece on Christmas Eve (he hung out with Santa).


Mayes calls this picture "Big Chunky Head".


Poor baby fell asleep while I worked out!


 Mayes gets his fashion sense from his dad.  

Speaking of dad, I guess I ought to post a pic of him, the ultimate love of my life.  Here's one he'd be proud of since it represents Utah.  (Also note the love of Mayes's life: video games.  He can obviously play with his eyes closed!)


Oh, did you want a picture of me?  Are you sure?  I'll see what I can dig up.  Here's a winner taken in October with Mayes and Reece at the pumpkin patch:


XOXO from my corner of the world!  It's good to see you again.

9 comments:

  1. Your boys sound hilarious, and you are adorable as ever. Good to hear from your corner of the world again! Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or does Reece look like a total cross of Cameron and Mayes? What a cute little chunk! Loved the videos, they made me MISS YOU GUYS! It is so good to see what you're up to. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pictures! I was just thinking about your blog today too! I miss you on facebook.
    I like the picture from Thanksgiving morning the best. You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We can't wait to see you guys this summer. You need to let me know your plans so we can set something up. Reece is so cute! I LOVE chunky babies, and Cameron's rapping skills are the bomb!. Give your kids kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how Cameron is rapping with Enya on in the background...cool pics and video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you finally did an update!!!! Your boys are super cute and glad to see you guys are doing well. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my favorite part of this post is how when Cameron's rapping, you tell him to wrap it up, like he's dragging it out or something. I laughed so hard!

    Glad things are good for your family. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Such cute little boys - or should I say big boys. It's amazing how fast they grow, especially when you don't see them every day. Mad skills congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I the biggest loser friend? I can't believe I missed all of these! I love that little Reece. He looks like he has very sugary cheeks. I love getting sugars from cutie pie cheeks like those. Wish I lived closer! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete