The week of Cameron's 6th birthday was great.
The scenario: My house was disgustingly dirty. My kids teeth hardly got brushed. Every "to-do" item on my list went undone. We missed being able to go to the temple. School was on break so my kids were bored (although Cameron was in a play production but he didn't really enjoy it). The weather was turning colder (which I hate). I missed Cameron's 6th birthday dinner with family and barely made it through his birthday party with friends. (I promise that missing any part of your child's birthday is tragic for a mom.)
What was the reason behind this list of undesirables? Jarron and I were both extremely sick and basically bed ridden for the entire week.
And what made this particular week great? Jarron and I were basically bed ridden together for a whole week.
It was wonderful. Jarron used his PTO and stayed home with me. We switched off getting the necessary things done and even got out long enough to take a short drive together. Usually when he's taking vacation time, we try and go fun places and do things with the kids. This time was different in that we didn't do anything but take care of each other. Does that sound weird? Maybe, but it was SO NICE. Of course we hated being sick and wished we had energy to do something "fun" with our week together, but it was strangely heavenly doing nothing. I'm proud of my husband for working hard at his jobs (yes, there are three--he's in high demand) and am glad that we are contributing members of society. I married him in part because of his work ethic and am grateful for the blessing of employment. However, there are those days that I wish we could drop everything and do nothing. For a whole week.
Sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you got to spend time with your hubby. Even if you were sick.
ReplyDeleteEven though you were both so sick, I'm glad you got to spend the time with each other.
ReplyDeleteThree jobs?! No wonder you guys are sick. Does he ever get to rest? Do you?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were both so sick but glad to know my children aren't the only ones to go without brushing their teeth.
Hope you're feeling better now. Being sick is the worst thing when you're a mom.
It's no fun being sick. I'm glad you were able to have your hubby to help. Hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDelete