Thursday, December 9, 2010

decisions, decisions

Christmas around our house is nothing huge.  Looking back, I can say with certainty that I was spoiled and expected a mountain of gifts for Christmas.  This expectation lasted until....well, let's just say it lasted way too long.  Now that I'm a mom, however, and have cemented down some family values with Jarron, I have realized that I want Christmas to be different for my children than it was for me.  For example, I want to eventually go DO something as a family for Christmas rather than HAVE something for Christmas.  You know, a Disney vacation or something like that.  Something that will make memories and not fill my house with junk.  Because honestly, my kids have way too many toys (and I am constantly clearing out their room!).  For now though, with the wonder of Santa Claus still alive for our boys, we celebrate with a few choice gifts, decorations, and dinner.  That means doing a little Christmas shopping (even though I'm having a hard time coming up with things my boys will actually like AND use).

So now to the point of this post: All Mayes wants for Christmas is a Bulkhead Transformer.  He has actually mentioned this certain toy a few times throughout the year so I know it's a legit want.  Trying to be savvy, I got online to check out where I can find one at the best price.  Know what I found?  STICKER SHOCK!  We are not novice to Transfomers; we have a whole bin of them here from when Cameron used to play with them.  And to my recollection, the most we ever spent on one of his figures was around $12.  So how come the cheapest I can find Bulkhead is $30?!  Do you spend $30 on a plastic toy?  And then pay shipping on top of it?

Agh.  To buy or not to buy, that is the question. 

3 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back on the blog again! It doesn't help the whole Christmas thing when you have people that SPOIL YOUR KIDS ROTTEN (aka, grandparents). I'm kinda thinkin' you go for Bulkhead. That's all the kid wants? Roll with it!
    Good luck, though. I hate all that shopping to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... i do remember your mountain of gifts. i also remember when yall all got skis and i thought it as so weird since yall lived in texas! but do you remember the year that you and i secretly opened all your christmas gifts in your bathroom before christmas... that was so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE tell me you bought the Transformer!

    ReplyDelete