Sunday, January 24, 2010

CURSES! (a very important update to yesterday's post)

Hi to everyone who read the post I wrote yesterday. However, I believe I jinxed myself because now I must (sadly) retract the last paragraph of that post.

Last night, we went out as a family to dinner and then to my nephew's basketball game. We went to eat at a place in town called New York Teriyaki and Burgers. It's actually pretty good--they give you a ton of food--but it's no where near as good as Osaka in Provo! Anyway, the only other time we went to NYT&B was the day we found out I was pregnant with this most recent baby. Jarron liked it so well that we decided to go again last night. It was trippy, but a strange thought entered my head as we walked in. It was along the lines of: "What if I lost this baby tonight since we haven't been back since we celebrated the pregnancy?" Morbid and weird, I know.

So we ate and then went to the school gym where the game was held. The kids and I needed to use the bathroom so we made a pit stop before finding seats. Jarron took the boys to meet our family in the bleachers as I finished up. That's when I noticed my first sign of this pregnancy potentially failing. I texted my sister-in-law to tell Jarron to hurry back (not giving any details), but he sent her instead to see what I needed (yeah, what a punk!). Of course I told her what was happening (even though she hadn't known I was pregnant yet) and that I was nervous but that I wanted to stay and watch the game. We went up in the bleachers and I told Jarron what happened and then told his mom (who didn't know I was pregnant either). We all went for ice cream later and things weren't subsiding (although things weren't bad enough where I wanted to rush home or anything either).

However, I went to bed last night knowing what the outcome would be. Jarron had given me a blessing, but there were no promises in it to give me any hope otherwise. I started cramping early this morning and I miscarried at about 7:30am. I'm not all that emotional; I'm kind of a veteran now I guess! (Two in a row will teach you a thing or two.) All I know is that we are taking a break for a loooonnnggg time.

So cautionary tale: don't jinx yourself by spilling the beans on an untimely day, or by making a morbid connection to restaurants you patron.

(And I do appreciate all the congrats you gave me! It's good to know we have friends :) Also, congratulations to you who are pregnant and doing other great things with your lives! We miss our friends who aren't close by.)

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Dani. I know that you said you're a veteran now, but it still has to be hard. I hope you're doing okay. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to say, except that I am so sorry!!! And I totally admire your strength...you have always been amazing with dealing with whatever comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dani. I am so sorry. I read your previous post late last night and wasn't able to comment. I got on today to do so and read this most recent event. We will certainly keep you in our prayers. Give Cameron and Mayes a big hug for us. We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, how horrible--I am so sorry. I wish I could make you dinner and bake you cookies (even being a "veteran" at this, it sucks). You're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani,
    Two in a row is fairly uncommon. But this also sounds very familiar with a woman I read about, and she talked about how she found out that there was something wrong with how the placenta was developing: http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/04/last-and-final-i-swear-chapter-of-this.html
    it may not be the exact same as you, but it's worth doing some research into, right? Just thought it might be a little helpful....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun reading your blog...I love that you are so open and willing to share your life! I am so sorry about both of your miscarriages--you are amazing. I always feel there is nothing appropriate to say when trying to express sorrow for another's loss, so I will leave it at that. But know the I mourned with you as I've read over your posts. I've also rejoiced when reading about you settling into your home and while reading about all the other great things happening in your life. You are doing all the good in the world Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Dani! I'm so sorry! I wonder why this happens time and time again to some people. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dani,
    We are so so sorry! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there. Thinking of and praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dani,
    I'm so sorry. I love you and am thinking of you. Your family is in our prayers.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. So it's been a long time since I've checked in on you, and I'm sorry! I'm sorry about the miscarriage, although it happened a while ago. I miss you guys and hope you're doing all right!

    ReplyDelete