Thursday, August 13, 2009

almost famous


Check out our feature at the newly remodeled Richland Public Library in Richland, WA! It's a terrible picture by all accounts, but maybe it will be a cool memory for the boys. :) What happened was this: The day before we went to the library for storytime (and ultimately had this picture taken), I had been at cubscout day camp all day and went to bed exhausted. So when I woke up the next morning to take the kids to the library, I said to myself, "Screw the shower, screw my hair, screw my outfit, screw getting the boys dressed." But as things tend to happen, it was an ill-fated choice because during storytime, I was pulled to the side by a librarian and asked if me and my "cute boys" would pose for a publicity picture for the "new" library. GRRR. Why didn't I curl my hair?? Or at least WASH it? So they snapped a few pics (I opted not to look at them), mass produced our image and made trifolds for the computer stations when the remodeled library opened a few weeks ago. Shown here is the end result and we have 10 courtesy copies to keep for memory books, etc. All I can say is that I'm moving anyway, so what do I care if my ugly mug is scattered all over? At least the boys are charming (although Jarron detests the 49ers jersey Mayes is wearing!).

6 comments:

  1. I'd take your "bad" photos over some of my decent ones any day! You guys are super-cute...and the perfect poster-children for learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I love it! It's actually really cute, seriously. And, it's going to be a fun memory when your little boys are all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the picture is bad at all! I think it great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I feel your pain! Why does it always seem to work like that? Thanks for the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good to me. I always thought you should be a model. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete